Nicki Minaj Calls Out Miley Cyrus at VMAs [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 31, 2015
Nicki Minaj made sure she brought the entertainment on and off the stage.
While the Anaconda rapper and Taylor Swift settled their differences by performing together during the opening of the MTV Video Music Awards, Minaj and host Miley Cyrus ignited a feud on Sunday. It’s unclear if the incident was staged or not, but it looked legit.
While accepting her award for Best Hip-Hop Video for Anaconda, Minaj thanked her pastor before quickly taking aim at Cyrus.
“And now back to this bitch that had a lot to say about me the other day in the press. Miley, what’s good?” Minaj said to Cyrus, who was standing on another stage.
“We’re all in this industry, we all do interviews, and we all know how they manipulate shit. Nicki, congratulations!” she said while the camera cut to Minaj, who looked at her like she was ready to fight. But she did crack a smile at the end.
Later, Minaj tweeted, “Lmfaooooooooooooo.”
Minaj’s comments was referring to an interview Cyrus did with The New York Times. Cyrus told the paper that Minaj was wrong for calling out MTV for snubbing Anaconda from the Video of the Year category.
“If you want to make it about race, there’s a way you could do that. But don’t make it just about yourself,” Cyrus to the New York Times. “Say: ‘This is the reason why I think it’s important to be nominated. There’s girls everywhere with this body type. You made it about you. Not to sound like a b**ch, but that’s like, ‘Eh, I didn’t get my VMA.’”
More from Rucuss
- 8 Celebrity Audience Reactions at the VMAs [Photos]
- Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Taylor Swift & More at 2013 MTV VMA Red Carpet [Photos]
- Miley Cyrus Dresses As Lil Kim For Halloween, Parties At Wiz & Amber Rose House [Photos]
- Nicki Minaj, Trey Songz Trade Words Over Remy Ma’s Diss Song ‘ShETHER’
- Nicki Minaj Blasts PARTYNEXTDOOR Over Ghostwriting Insinuations [Details]
- Remy Ma Drops Nicki Minaj Diss Track, Minaj Responds