Nicki Minaj Calls Out ESPN Magazine For Retouched Cover [Photos]
Rucuss staffJanuary 24, 2014
Nicki Minaj has a bone to pick with the editors of ESPN The Magazine.
The Starships singer blasted the magazine for retouching her photo with Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant. Minaj shared the cover of ESPN‘s Music Issue on social media but warned her fans it was altered.
Minaj posted the image on Instagram, with the caption: “When retouching goes wrong.”
To prove her point, Minaj shared photos that her glam squd took behind-the-scenes pics from the shoot. She posted the photos below with the caption: “I love my personal unretouched photos where my forehead doesn’t mysteriously grow in length.”
Although she may not like the cover, Minaj was excited about the experience. She posted, “So honored to be a part of this with Kobe. Had a blast.”
In Kobe’s interview, the NBA star had nothing but comments for the Young Money signee.
“I’ve obviously admired her work from afar, as we all have. My whole family, we’re all big Nicki fans,” said Kobe. “I just think it’s fascinating the way she’s been able to create this entire world around what Nicki Minaj is and what she represents for not just women, but kids as a whole.”
The issue hits newsstands Friday. Eminem and Detroit Lions star Calvin Johnson, Kendrick Lamar. and Los Angeles Clippers star Chris Paul are also featured on covers.
Photos via ESPN and Instagram
More from Rucuss
- Kobe Bryant Sets NBA Auction Record With Sale Of His 2016 All-Star Jersey
- Kobe and Vanessa Bryant Call Off Divorce [Details]
- The Sixers Honors Kobe Bryant With Tribute Before His Final Game In Philly
- Kobe Bryant, Vanessa And Kids Wear Lakers Colors For Family Christmas Card [Photos]
- Durant, Barnes, Wall & Ariza Weigh In On Who Wins a 1-on-1 Game Between Kobe & LeBron [Video]
- Italian Club Offers Kobe Bryant $600,000 a Game