NFL Player Tommie Harris’ Wife Ashley Dies Less Than Two Months After Wedding [Details]
Peaches GrantFebruary 14, 2012
San Diego Chargers defensive tackle Tommie Harris and his wife Ashley Harris took a trip to Oklahoma last week.
The newlyweds were in the state to scope out places for a wedding reception. But things took a turn for the worse last Friday. Ashley was found unresponsive and was rushed to a hospital in Norman, Okla. She was later put on life support. She was pronounced dead on Sunday. She was 29.
Doctors suspect a stroke or a brain aneurysm, but an official cause of death has not been determined. Ashley had given birth to her second child, Tinsley, four months ago. The couple also has a three year old son Tyson.
The couple had married on New Year’s Day this year. Tommie played college football for the University of Oklahoma. Family friend Bill Horn told the Chicago Tribune: ‘He’s obviously in disbelief. But he’s got such a strong support group, teammates and everybody around him.’
Before joining the San Diego Chargers, Harris spent seven years with the Chicago Bears. The Chicago Sun-Times reported several of his Bears teammates flew to Oklahoma to be by his side. Harris is a three-time Pro Bowler.
More from Rucuss
- NFL Players Reggie Bush and Shaun Phillips Start A DJ Crew
- NFL Nose Tackle Drives a Hello Kitty Smart Car
- Reggie Bush Marries Lilit Avagyan in San Diego [Photos]
- Former NFL Player Ronnie Lott Falls Out Of His Chair On Live TV! [Video]
- Terrell Owens Cut By Indoor Football Team, His Lawyers Looking Into Possible Breach of Contract
- NBA Player LeBron James and Savannah Brinson Set Wedding Date! [Details]