NFL Player Richie Incognito Seeking Treatment At Rehab Facility
Rucuss staffFebruary 28, 2014
NFL lineman Richie Incognito has reportedly checked into a rehab facility.
Incognito, the player at the center of the Miami Dolphins’ bullying scandal, is undergoing treatment at a psychiatric care unit in Arizona after checking into the facility on Thursday.
According to NFL.com’s Jeff Darlington, Incognito agreed to accept professional help after what has been a stressful few weeks for him and those close to him. He entered the facility roughly 24 hours after telling police he took a baseball bat to his Ferrari in a fit of rage.
A reporter from FOX 10 in Phoenix asked Incognito what happened to the car on Thursday.
“Oh that was just me venting, that was self-expression, that’s a piece of art,” he said. “The happiest day of my life was when I got that car and now the second happiest day will be when I donate it to charity.”
An investigation conducted by Ted Wells for the NFL determined that Incognito and two teammates engaged in persistent harassment of offensive tackle Jonathan Martin, another offensive lineman and an assistant team trainer. Martin also sought treatment at an alleged psychiatric facility after the harassment.
Photos via CBSSports.com and Buzzit.com
More from Rucuss
- Richie Incognito Reportedly Sent Racist Texts To Jonathan Martin [Details]
- Jonathan Martin Says Treatment By Teammates Went Beyond Hazing
- Richie Incognito Defends Using Racist Slur, Says Jonathan Martin Texted Him
- Miami Dolphins Veterans Reportedly Took ‘Rookie Tax’ To The Extreme [Details]
- NFL Player Chad Johnson Arrested For Domestic Violence [Details]
- Mary J. Blige Claims Estranged Husband Won’t Return Cars and Grammy