NFL Player Ray Rice Indicted For Assaulting Fiancee [Details]
Rucuss staffMarch 28, 2014
Baltimore Raves running back Ray Rice has been indicted by a grand jury on third-degree aggravated assault for allegedly striking his fiancée unconscious last month.
Rice, who was indicted on Thursday, was arrested and charged with simple assault-domestic violence on Feb. 15 after a physical altercation with Janay Palmer. The couple got into a heated argument at the Revel Casino and Hotel in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
Conviction of a third-degree crime in New Jersey carries a potential prison sentence of at least three years and up to five years, and a fine that could be up to $15,000.
Rice’s attorney, Michael Diamondstein told The Press of Atlantic City that neither Rice nor Palmer wants to move forward with the case.
“We vehemently deny that Mr. Rice committed an aggravated assault,” Diamondstein said. “Both Mr. Rice and Miss Palmer are together, they are happy and they’re in counseling.”
A video posted online by TMZ showed Rice lifting and unconscious Palmer by her arms out of an elevator and laying her on the floor.
Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti has said Rice has a future with the team despite his arrest. The 27-year old signed a five-year, $35 million contract with the Ravens before the 2012 season.
Photos via Twitter and Myk104.com
More from Rucuss
- Video Shows Ray Rice Dragging Unconscious Fiancee Out Of Elevator!
- Ray Rice Gets Domestic Violence Charge Dismissed [Details]
- Janay Rice Defends Ray Rice After Survelliance Video Leaks
- Ray Lewis, Baltimore Ravens Wearing Custom Super Bowl Cleats [Photos]
- Ray Lewis Sprays On Hairline at Super Bowl [Photos]
- NFL Player Jacoby Jones Gets Baltimore Ravens Super Bowl Tattoo [Photos]