NFL Player Prince Amukamara: ‘I’m a Virgin, Some People Call Me The Black Tim Tebow’
Rucuss staffSeptember 18, 2013
New York Giants cornerback Prince Amukamara and free agent Tim Tebow have a lot in common.
Tebow is not the only virgin in the NFL. Amukamara revealed in a recent interview with Muscle & Fitness Magazine that he is also saving himself for marriage.
“Some people call me the black Tim Tebow,” Amukamara said. “Yeah, I am a virgin. I’m not ashamed to say that.”
Unlike Tebow, Amukamara is one step closer to sealing the deal. The devout Catholic is engaged and is planning to get married this winter. The 24-year-old also said he has never tasted a sip of alcohol.
“I grew up Catholic, so it just started out as one of those things,” Amukamara said. “I’d think, ‘If I do this, maybe I can get to heaven,’ so I said no drinks, no sex, all the big things. As I grew up, I realized that’s not what it’s about. It’s about having a relationship with Jesus. It’s not about ‘Don’t do this. Don’t do that.’ But still, it’s just one of those things I haven’t done, and I don’t see any benefit to doing it. You’re always reading about people getting DUIs. So many bad things that happen and wind up in the paper are alcohol-related, so by not drinking, it saves me, my team, and my family a lot of trouble.”
But Amukamara has not ruled out getting his drink on at his bachelor party.
“I told my fiancée that I’ll probably take my first drink at my bachelor party,” he said. “I don’t know if I will.”
Photos via Corner.bigblueinteractive.com, Zimbio.com and Gotham-magazine.com
More from Rucuss
- Tim Tebow ‘Intrigued’ By Idea Of Getting Into Politics [Details]
- Tim Tebow Hired As Analyst For SEC Network & ESPN [Details]
- Tim Tebow’s Brother Happy Broncos Eliminated From Playoffs [Details]
- Groupie Steals $500K Worth of Jewelry From NFL Player Shaun Rogers! [Details]
- Website Offers $1 Million To Any Woman Who Can Prove She Slept With Tim Tebow!
- Peyton Manning Dethrones Tim Tebow As NFL’s Jersey Sales Champion