NFL Player Chris Johnson Shot in Drive By Shooting [Details]
Rucuss staffMarch 8, 2015
Former New York Jets and Tennessee Titans running back Chris Johnson is in stable condition after being shot during a drive-by shooting over the weekend.
Johnson was shot in the shoulder while sitting in a car at 4 a.m. Sunday at an intersection in Orlando, Florida. The driver of the vehicle, Dreekius Oricko Johnson, was killed by gunfire, according to the Orange County sheriff’s department. Another man, Reggie Johnson, was shot in the shoulder, hand and leg. Police are investigating the homicide.
Johnson played with the Jets last season and recorded a career-worst 155 carries, 663 yards and one touchdown. This latest incident will more than likely make it tough for the 29-year old to sign with a team. In January the running back was arrested for carrying a firearm.
Johnson was training in Los Angeles, but went home for the weekend to see family and friends.
Photos via ESPN
More from Rucuss
- NFL Player Ed Reed Had $50,000 Stolen From His Car [Details]
- New York Jets Sign Michael Vick, Release Mark Sanchez [Details]
- Plaxico Burress Rips Former Coach, Teammates and Fans
- Plaxico Burress Receives $1,000 Traffic Ticket & Tax Lien [Details]
- NFL Player Delanie Walker’s Girlfriend Hacks His Instagram, Says He’s A Cheater
- NFL Player Reggie Bush, Fiancee Lilit Avagyan Welcome a Baby Girl! [Details]