NFL Player Alfred Morris Still Drives a 1991 Mazda [Photos]
Rucuss staffSeptember 20, 2012
A few NFL players should follow in the footsteps of Washington Redskins running back Alred Morris.
Instead of buying an expensive car after signing a four-year contract worth over $2.23 million dollars, Morris is keeping things really simple. He continues to drive his first car, which is a 1991 Mazada 626 sedan. He calls it ‘Bentley’ and he has no plans of upgrading anytime soon.
“It has some sentimental value to it now,” Morris said on Wednesday. “It just keeps me grounded, where I came from and all the hard work for me to get to this point. So that’s what helps me.”
Morris said he never had a car until he got “Bentley” his junior year at FAU. He had a tough time driving it since it was a stick, but eventually he got the hang of it.
“But my friends just teased me like, ‘Man, what are you doing in that piece of crap?’ and I’d say, ‘Oh, you talkin’ ’bout that Bentley right there?’” Morris said. “The name just stuck, and eventually all my friends would be like, ‘Hey let me get a ride in the Bentley!’”
According to the Redskins blog, the Kelley Blue Blook private-party value of a 1992 Mazada 626 is $1,160. The 1991 version wasn’t an option. Although Morris can’t afford a fleet of expensive cars, he admits he will eventually buy another car. But he said he will keep ‘Bentley.’
“One day, my kids are going to drive that car,” Morris said with a laugh. “If it breaks down, I’m gettin’ it fixed. That’s just how I am.”
More from my site
- NFL Player Jabar Gaffney Goes on Twitter Rant, Says Feelings Are For Suckas! [Details]
- NFL Player Robert Griffin III Buys $2.5 Million Home in Virginia [Photos]
- Redskins Outed For Running Fan Twitter Account [Details]
- NFL Player Dez Bryant Says it was Redskins’ Dezmon Briscoe Who Likes To Get Peed On! [Details]
- Floyd Mayweather Buys Himself A Bentley As A Going To Jail Gift! [Photos]
- Washington Redskins Owner Buys $70 Million Yacht