Rebooted ‘Scarface’ Film in the Works
Rucuss staffSeptember 22, 2011
If the honchos at Universal Studios have it their way a new version of the film “Scarface” will be remade.
According to Deadline Hollywood, Universal Studios is behind the project. It’s still in the very early stages but studio heads are currently meeting with writers to see who will pen the film.
This film will not intend to be a typical remake or sequel but instead an updated “Scarface.” The movie will include common elements of the first two films such as an outsider and an immigrant. The immigrant will barge his way into the criminal establishment in pursuit of a twisted version of the American dream. He becomes a drug kingpin of ruthlessness and violent ambition.
Universal Pictures first released the title in 1932 and then turned it into the iconic 1983 film that starred Al Pacino as Cuban gangster Tony Montana. There’s no word yet on who the studio has its eye on to play the leading role in the updated version.
Check out the trailer from the 1983 film.
More from Rucuss
- Keyshia Cole’s Mama Frankie Debuts “Frankie Leg” Video
- ‘Steel Magnolias’ Remake In the Works With All-Black Cast
- Eminem Boxing Film “Southpaw” Picked Up by MGM Films
- Jay Z And Beyonce ‘On The Run’ Tour Trailer
- Al B. Sure and His Son Quincy Remaking ‘Night And Day’
- Chris Brown Reportedly Struggling with Addiction, Insiders Fear for His Life