New Miss Universe Crowned
Rucuss staffSeptember 13, 2011
Miss Angola’s Leila Lopes was crowned Miss Universe at the 60th annual pagent in São Paulo, Brazil last night. The 25-year old beat out close to 90 contestants worldwide. Lopes is the first winner from her country, and the first African winner in thirteen years.
Lopes’ beauty and interview questions won over the judges at the pagent. When asked what physical trait she would change, Lopes answered:
“Thank God, I’m very satisfied with the way God created me,” Lopes told the judges. “I wouldn’t change a thing. I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty. I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family and I intend to follow these for the rest of my life.”
Congratulations Leila Lopes, Miss 2012 Universe!
(Pictures via NecoleBitchie)
More from Rucuss
- NFLer Osi Umenyiora’s Side Chick Exposes Affair After He Marries Leila Lopes
- Rihanna Rocks Out Crowd in Brazil
- Brazilian Rapper MC Daleste Shot Dead on Stage! [Video]
- Beyonce Almost Gets Pulled Off Stage By Fan [Video]
- Say What: Ciara and Future Get Each Other’s Initials Tattooed on Fingers? [Photos]
- Whoops: Steve Harvey Announces The Wrong Winner For Miss Universe [Video]