New Jersey Restaurant Customer Refuses To Tip Gay Waitress [Details]
Rucuss staffNovember 15, 2013
A waitress in New Jersey received an offensive note from a family who denied her a tip because of her “gay lifestyle.”
Dayna Morales, who previously served in the Marines, was shocked when she received the receipt at Gallop Asian Bistro in Bridgewater, N.J. on Wednesday. As she wrote in an email to “Have a Gay Day,” the trouble began when she approached a couple and their two small children in the restaurant.
Morales claims the mother was shocked by Morales’ short hair. She allegedly said, “Oh I thought you were gonna say your name is Dan. You sure surprised us!”
And the evening continued to go downhill from there. After settling the $93.55 tab, Morales discovered that the customer didn’t leave a tip. But instead a short message.
“Sorry, I cannot tip because I do not agree with your lifestyle and the way you live your life,” the customer wrote.
Morales expressed her anger in a widely-circulated email. She wrote:
“I am THOROUGHLY offended mad pissed off and hurt that THIS is what her kids will grow up learning and that I served in the Marines to keep ignorant people like them free. Sorry lady but I don’t agree with YOUR lifestyle and the way you’re raising your kids but you didn’t see me throwing that in your face and giving you shitty service. Keep your damn mouth shut and pray we never cross paths again.”
But when people offered their support on Facebook, Morales graciously thanked everyone for their encouragement while also adding, “Not gonna lie if kids weren’t there it would of been a totally different story.”
More from Rucuss
- Dayna Morales Probably Lied About Homophobic Receipt! [Details]
- Black Gay Dads Post Photos of Daughters, Get Bashed With Hate On Social Media
- Red Lobster Waitress Suspended After Posting Customer’s ‘Racist’ Receipt On Facebook [Details]
- Tameka Raymond Denies Mental Disorder, Wants More Time With Kids [Video]
- Draya’s Boyfriend Orlando Scandrick Put On Blast By Woman On Instagram [Details]
- Stevie J Must Appear In Court Over Child Support, May Face Jail Time [Details]