Nelly Allegedly Dumps Ashanti, Now Dating Actress Tae Heckard! [Details]
Peaches GrantDecember 27, 2012
Rapper Nelly didn’t waste any time finding a new boo.
Just weeks after allegedly ending his relationship with singer Ashanti, Nelly has moved on with actress Tae Heckard. Her most familiar role is on BET’s The Game where she plays the character Jazz.
Nelly, 38, allegedly broke things off with Ashanti after he found out she was sleeping with producer Chink Santana in 2005. Nelly and Ashanti had been dating for almost 10 years.
But the St. Louis rapper appears to be handling the break up in stride. The actress posted the photo below on Instagram.
Rumors began to surface of a relationship when Tae posted a photo of her and Nelly’s daughter, Nana, with the caption: “Me and my baby!!!! @nellelove.”
Nana also posted a picture of her and her father with the comment, “Moments I cherish Chillan wit my #1 guy s/o to @lashontae tryna snap on the sneak.”
The two met on the set of Nelly’s video almost 10 years ago. They remained friends and dated occasionally, which led to Tae inking Nelly’s nickname “Mo” on her lower back. The tattoo was featured in her 2005 spread in Smooth Magazine.
Heckard, whose real name is La’Shontae, is rumored to be bisexual. She was recently dating a man she nicknamed ‘caveman” because she wanted to keep the relationship a secret. Before then, a few photos of her kissing a woman surfaced on the Internet a few years ago.
Photos via Instagram, Lipstick Alley and HalfKorean.com
More from my site
- Ashanti Denies Dating Nelly: ‘Who Says We Had A Relationship’ [Video]
- Nelly And LaShontae Heckard Party At Atlanta Club, Drapes Chain Around Her Neck [Photos]
- Nelly And Tae Heckard Show PDA On Instagram [Photos]
- Couple Alert: Brandon Jennings and Tae Heckard Dating?!
- Tae Heckard Files For Divorce From Wife, Ready To Marry Brandon Jennings
- Nelly and Girlfriend Tae Hackerd Party at Atlanta Club [Photos]