Ne-Yo Talks About Finding Out His First Son Wasn’t His On ‘Behind The Music’
Rucuss staffSeptember 24, 2012
Singer Neyo really let his fans into his personal life on an episode of VH1’s Behind the Music.
Although Neyo is a happily engaged man with two kids, he admits he’s had heartbreak with relationships in the past. The songwriter talked about his ex-girlfriend Jessica White and a paternity test that unraveled right before his eyes during Sunday’s episode.
Neyo said White broke his heart. The singer recalls meeting White shortly after signing a deal with Def Jam. The two began dating and eventually moved in together. White, later, became pregnant and Neyo was believed to be the father. The couple named the baby boy, Chimere, which is Neyo’s middle name.
The couple appeared to be in relationship bliss until White called Neyo one day and told him, Chimere, was not his son.
Ne-Yo On Jessica:
“She was just cool, that was the thing that attracted me to her. It was like, ‘I don’t give a damn about your money and that was refreshing to me. I’m gone all the time working. Jessica would call me from time-to-time and go, I need some money for this or for that. I’m like, okay whatever. So I’m sending her ungodly amounts of money every single time she calls.”
Ne-Yo’s sister reservations about his relationship with Jessica:
“One month he was calling saying, “Oh, I’m dating this woman,” and then the next month it was, “Oh, we’re going to get a place together.” Everything was just like, boom boom boom boom. Fast. I think from the mother/sister perspective, we always kind of have our eyes open like, ‘Hmmmm, does she see dollar signs?’
Ne-Yo’s mother On her knowing Jessica was bad news:
“I strongly felt that she was not the right person for my son. I had suspicions immediately. In the back of my mind I’m kind of keeping score and checking things off and then of course when the time came for me to put in my two cents, I gave a couple [of] bucks. So he wasn’t surprised by my suggestion that they do a paternity test.”
Meanwhile, Neyo’s fans thought supermodel Jessica White was the child’s mother. She tweeted,”News Flash.. @neyocompound fans, stans, & groupies I’m not the jessica that he’s referring to so please stop tweeting me rudeness Umm, I don’t have any kids sweethearts.. Please find the Jessica neyo is speaking of & Get your life & stay out of mine #DoYourResearch Duh!”
Watch interview below.
More from Rucuss
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Ne-Yo Sued By Former Baby Mama For Violating Gag Order [Details]
- Slim Thug Blasts Fake Baby Mama Over Paternity Suit! [Details]
- Ne-Yo Announces Break-Up With Fiance Monyetta Shaw On Instagram! [Photo]
- Jackie Christie’s Daughter Involved in Paternity Scandal [Details]
- Big Tigger Slams Ed Hartwell’s Paternity Request [Details]
- Say What: Steve Harvey’s Wife Had Kids By Drug Dealing Cousins?!
- Future and Ciara Hit Atlanta Club, Continues to Battle Baby Mamas in Court [Details]
- Kristen Stewart Finally Confirms She’s Dating Robert Pattinson
- August Alsina Blasts Def Jam for ‘Leaking’ His Album [Details]