NBA Player Raymond Felton Arrested On Gun Charges [Details]
Rucuss staffFebruary 25, 2014
New York Knicks point guard Raymond Felton was arrested on felony weapon charges after turning himself in early Tuesday morning.
Felton’s arrest came hours after the Knicks lost to the Dallas Mavericks Monday night. His wife, Ariane Raymondo-Felton, turned in a handgun at the New York 20th Precinct station house, claiming the firearm belonged to Felton.
CNN reports the weapon was loaded with 18 high-velocity bullets. It was similar to the one Maj Nidal Hasan used in the Fort Hood shooting rampage in 2009.
The New York Times reports in Felton’s wife initial statement after bringing the gun in to the station house, she told the police that Felton had threatened her with the firearm. But it was not immediately clear when the threat she described took place. The Feltons are in the process of getting a divorce.
Felton turned himself in at the same station house at 12:50 a.m. Tuesday. He was charged with second-, third- and fourth-degree counts of weapons possession. Two of the charges are felonies. The 29-year old is expected to be arraigned later Tuesday.
Felton has struggled this season on the court. The Knicks tried to trade him before the NBA trading deadline but was unable to get a deal done.
Felton’s wife filed for divorce after 19 months of matrimony. She is a Cornell University graduate now studying law at Fordham University.
More from Rucuss
- NBA Player Raymond Felton Gets Clowned on Twitter After Gun Charges [Details]
- Raymond Felton’s Wife Says He Was Cheating, Fabolous Says He Was Too
- NBA Player J.R. Smith Asks Twitter Groupie ‘If She Wants the Pipe!’ [Details]
- Carmelo Anthony Brings Own Bodyguard to Boston Celtics Game [Details]
- New York Knicks Star JR Smith Gives Tips For Dating An Athlete [Details]
- Carmelo Anthony Calls Fan A ‘Glazed Donut Face,’ Sparks Funny Memes