NBA Player Jason Collins’ Ex-Fiancee Had No Idea He Was Gay! [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 30, 2013
NBA player Jason Collins may now have a peace of mind after admitting he’s gay, but it has also caused some pain for some because of his admission.
Collins, who revealed the news in Sports Illustrated, came out to his ex-fiancee Carolyn Moos only a week before the magazine hit stands. The former WNBA player said she was shocked when Collins told her last weekend. Moos also said he confessed that it was the real reason he ended their eight-year relationship.
“I thought I had to live a certain way,” Collins told Sports Illustrated. “I thought I needed to marry a woman and raise kids with her. I kept telling myself the sky was red, but I always knew it was blue.”
Moos, 34, told TMZ she never suspected Jason was gay and he only revealed the news a few days before the story published. She claims when they split he gave a bunch of BS reasons for calling it quits and she never understood what went wrong.
“It’s very emotional for me as a woman to have invested eight years in my dream to have a husband, soul mate, and best friend in him. So this is all hard to understand,” Moos said. “I care about [Jason] tremendously and only want the best for him. I want Jason to be happy for a lifetime and stay true to who he really is, inside and out.”
Jason Collins, 34, has become the first male U.S. athlete in a major professional sport to come out as gay. The seven foot NBA free agent played with the Washington Wizards and the Boston Celtics this past season.
Photos via Daily Mail and Elite Daily
More from Rucuss
- NFL Player Kerry Rhodes Alleged Boyfriend ‘Hollywood’ Tells All! [Audio]
- NBA Rookie Royce White’s Alleged Baby Mama Says He Doesn’t Want Baby, Another Claims He’s a Dead Beat! [Details]
- Atlanta Hawks Owner Will Sell Team Over Racist Comments [Details]
- The Miami Heat Celebrate Winning Back-to-Back Championships at Story Nightclub [Photos/Video]
- Charles Oakley Arrested For Allegedly Cheating at Casino [Details]
- Donald Sterling Banned From NBA For Life, League Will Try To Force Him Out