NBA Player Blake Griffin is Not a Happy DirecTV Customer, Gets in Middle of Feud With Viacom [Details]
Rucuss staffJuly 19, 2012
Los Angeles Clipper forward Blake Griffin just had arthroscopic surgery to repair torn cartilage in his left knee, so he’ll be spending plenty of time in bed for the next couple of weeks.
But Griffin isn’t happy about the bed rest because he won’t be able to watch one of his favorite shows, Workaholics on Comedy Central. You see, the NBA star along with many others have DirecTV and the company recently dropped the channel from its network.
Viacom and DirecTV are involved in a nasty dispute involving television carriage fees. Popular channels such as MTV, VH1, BET and Comedy Central have been pulled from all DirecTV homes. Griffin decided to get to the bottom of the dispute on Twitter on Wednesday.
Griffin tweeted DirecTV,”why are you trying to ruin my life and not let me watch ?#workaholics? on comedy central? xoxo thanks.”
DirecTV responded back with, “Blake, we’re working nonstop to reach an affordable deal for all of our customers.”
Griffin replied,”Ok thanks”
DirecTV then quickly replied, “To be clear Viacom is responsible for you missing workaholics. If it were up to us, itd be on! #Boomer”
Griffin then tweeted Viacom,”Yo @viacom word is you’re the reason I’m missin some channels. Let me know. Hope you’re well. Thanks.”
Blake tweeted Viacom 17 hours ago and still no response.
More from Rucuss
- NBA Player Blake Griffin Responds to Serge Ibaka Groin Hit With Funny Tweet! [Details]
- Kendrick Perkins Slams LeBron For Dunk Tweet, Thinks He Tweets For Attention!
- Blake Griffin Has a Baby With Matt Leinart’s Baby Mama [Details]
- Athletes Get Naked For ESPN’s Body Issue
- Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Matt Barnes & More Wear Ugly Christmas Sweaters to Game [Photos]
- Donald Sterling Banned From NBA For Life, League Will Try To Force Him Out