NBA Player Amar’e Stoudemire Weds Alexis Welch On 12.12.12 [Photos]
Rucuss staffDecember 13, 2012
New York Knicks star Amar’e Stoudemire married his longtime girlfriend Alexis Welch in a private ceremony on Wednesday.
Stoudemire and Welch decided to take advantage of the 12-12-12 date and make it one they would never forget. The couple exchanged vows on the rooftop of their Meatpacking District apartment in New York in front of 12 guests. The couple’s three children Amar’e Jr., Ar’e and Assata and seven family members were in attendance.
Welch opted for a custom designed garment instead of a traditional wedding dress. Stoudemire wore a Calvin Klein suit.
“They decided to do this because of the date, and they wanted to do something spiritual and private for themselves,” a source told the New York Daily News. “It was so pretty and intimate.”
The couple let the world know they were husband and wife on Twitter. Amar’e and Alexis posted the photo below and the caption; “12.12.12 now has a special and spiritual meaning for us.”
The couple plans on having another wedding this summer so that there friends and family can attend. Amar’e’s teammates did not know he was getting married.
Photos via YBF and Twitter
More from Rucuss
- Amar’e Stoudemire Proposes to Girlfriend, Gives Her Million Dollar Ring [Photos]
- NBA Fines Amar’e Stoudemire $50,000 For Gay Slur Used On Twitter
- Amar’e Stoudemire Shows Off Left Hand Injury [Photo]
- Amar’e Stoudemire Buys $3.7 Million Mansion [Photos]
- Amar’e Stoudemire Wants To Work At Footlocker [Video]
- NBA Coach Mark Jackson Target Of Extortion By Ex-Stripper Over Nude Photos [Details]