MTV Cancels Jersey Shore After Six Seasons
Rucuss staffAugust 30, 2012
MTV is pulling the plug on reality series Jersey Shore.
That’s right, the days of fist pumping, gym and tanning is coming to an end. The network announced the upcoming sixth season will be the last. Declining ratings and multiple spinoff shows are the reasons behind the cancellation according to MTV executives.
Snooki, The Situation, Pauly D, JWoww, Sammi, Ronnie and Deena will be back in Seaside Heights for one last party. The network will air a retrospective Jersey Shore special titled “Gym, Tan, Look Back” that will include a first look at the final season. The special will air before the Video Music Awards on Thursday, Sept. 6. The final season will premiere on Oct. 4th.
First time mom Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi took to Twitter shortly after the announcement. She tweeted,”Yes, sadly it’s true. This upcoming season of Jersey Shore will be our last. But it was fricken INSANE. I will always love my roomies.”
In early 2011, Jersey Shore hit nearly 9 million viewers and became the most popular program in MTV’s history. The reality series routinely managed to beat out shows on Thursday nights in the key adults 18-49 demographic.
Fans of the show shouldn’t miss the cast that much. The Snooki & JWoww show has been renewed for a second season and The Pauly D Project may also be renewed.
More from Rucuss
- Yeah Buddy! Check Out the Trailer for ‘The Pauly D Project’ [Video]
- The Cast Of Jersey Shore Says Goodbye For The Last Time [Photos]
- Jersey Shore Cast Score Huge Paydays For Season 6 [Details]
- No More Booze For Snooki! Is Jersey Shore Star Pregnant?
- Kanye West Talks About Clinton, Calls Out Beyoncé & Jay Z at ‘Saint Pablo Tour’ [Video]
- Letoya Luckett Premieres New Webseries: ‘Life, Love And Music’ [Video]