Moesha’ Star Yvette Wilson Loses Fight With Cervical Cancer
Rucuss staffJune 15, 2012
Actress Yvette Wilson loss her fight with cervical cancer Thursday night.
Wilson, who starred in Meosha and The Parkers, had stage 4 cervical cancer and died at age of 48. She had reached out to her fans last month for financial help to cover her medical bills. She needed $25,000 by June 1 to undergo treatment and keep her afloat. The site raised $13,599 of the $25,000 they were seeking. The fundraiser ended June 9.
Wilson’s friend and Meosha co-star Shar Jackson had been on Twitter asking for prayers that last few days. And she was the one that informed her followers that Wilson had passed. She tweeted:
–“Everyone plz send prayer and light to my sister and best friend Yvette Wilson…..”
–“Oh god….. My heart is soooo unbelievably broken ….”
–“I wanna thank all my tweeties for their prayers but god has chosen to take my sister Yvette home..”
Actress Gabrielle Union sent her condolences on Twitter. She tweeted,”
#RIPYVETTEWILSON Great actress from “Moesha” & “The Parkers” She was truly beautiful inside & out. You will be missed. Love & Light”
Wilson also had roles in films such as House Party 2, House Party 3, and Friday.
More from Rucuss
- Say What: Britney Spears’ Ex-Husband Is Dating Her Baby Daddy’s Baby Mama! [Details]
- Halle Berry Expecting Second Child With Olivier Martinez! [Details]
- Chrisette Michele Responds to Trump Performance Backlash [Details]
- Rihanna Gives Final Farewell To Her Grandmother at Funeral [Photos]
- Miguel Calls Black People ‘The Most Judgmental People in the World!’ [Details]
- Basketball Wives Star Tami Roman Suffers a Miscarriage, But Not Giving Up