Mitt Romney’s Son Says He Wanted to Take a Swing at President Obama [Audio]
Rucuss staffOctober 18, 2012
The intense exchange between President Barack Obama and former Governor Mitt Romney during Tuesday’s debate didn’t sit well with the Republican candidate’s son.
During an interview with a North Carolina radio station, Tagg Romney was asked how he felt when Obama accused his father of being “a liar,” and he admits he wanted to punch him.
“Jump out of your seat and you want to rush down to the debate stage and take a swing at him,” Tagg responded with a laugh. “But you know you can’t do that because, well, first because there’s a lot of Secret Service between you and him, but also because this is the nature of the process. They’re gonna try to do everything they can do to try to make my dad into someone he’s not.”
Now, normally the Secret Service takes any threat of violence against the President very seriously. But in this case, the Secret Service let this one slide because he was supposedly joking.
When asked if his father gets nervous before the debates, Romney’s oldest son responded”Absolutely, are you kidding? He’s terrified before he gets out there! Terrified’s too strong a word. But you know, he’s like anybody — he gets butterflies a little bit,” he said. “And then once he’s in it, two or three minutes, he’s forgotten about the nervousness.”
With these latest revelations, we wonder how far back will Tagg be sitting during the next debate.
Listen to interview below.
More from Rucuss
- Nicki Minaj Says She Didn’t Endorse Mitt Romney [Details]
- Pennsylvania Voting Machine Switches Barack Obama Vote to Mitt Romney! [Video]
- President Obama Slow Jams The News With Jimmy Fallon [Video]
- Stacey Dash: ‘I Am Disappointed That Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan Did Not Win.’
- Wayne Brady: ‘I’ll Gladly Slap The Sh*t Out Of Bill Maher’ Over Obama Remark [Audio]
- Barack Obama Re-Elected in 2012: Celebs React on Twitter