Miley Cyrus Mocks the Government Shutdown and VMAs on ‘SNL’
Rucuss staffOctober 6, 2013
Miley Cyrus toned down her raunchy stage presence for and episode of Saturday Night Live.
The Former Disney star decided to steered clear of controversy and let her talent and music speak for itself. There was no twerking or licking of sledgehammers during Miley Cyrus’ performances.
Cyrus hosted and performed on this weekend’s episode. During her monologue, she addressed her VMA performance, Hannah Montana and twerking.
“In case anyone’s concerned, there will be no twerking tonight,” Miley said. “I used to think twerking was cool, but now that white people are doing it, it seems kind of lame.”
Cyrus also played a slutty Michelle Bachmann in a sketch called We Did Stop, which parodied the government shutdown by recreating her racy music video. Other skits featured Cyrus as Hilary Clinton and a hip-hop-obsessed high school student.
Cyrus also performed her No. 1 single Wrecking Ball and an acoustic version of We Can’t Stop. Her new album Bangerz is scheduled hit stores on Tuesday. Watch highlights and the full episode below.
We Can’t Stop
We Did Stop parody
More from Rucuss
- Miley Cyrus Talks About VMA Performance, Admits She’s ‘F**ked Up!’
- Miley Cyrus Wears Pasties During Performance At iHeartRadio Music Festival [Video]
- Miley Cyrus Twerks on Stage at Juicy J’s Concert [Video]
- Miley Cyrus Twerks in a Unicorn Onesie! [Video]
- Miley Cyrus Wears Studded Leather Jacket, Saint Laurent Black and Silver ‘Paloma’ Sandals [Photos]
- Funny FCC Complaints Over Miley Cyrus ‘Twerking’ At MTV Awards [Details]