Michelle Obama Hits a Few Balls at US Open
Rucuss staffSeptember 10, 2011
Michelle Obama hit around a few tennis balls with a group of kids at the US Open on Friday. She was there in support of her “Let’s Move!” campaign to get kids active.
She addressed a group of children, saying:
“I grew up in the city, on the south side. And there were not a lot of tennis courts around. So I really didn’t get exposure to the sport until after law school, when I just sort of picked it up and started playing with some friends. And it’s the kind of sport that you just develop a passion for. And I’m not really good or anything like that — that’s the beauty of tennis. You don’t have to be good to enjoy it, because I love the game and my skills are very questionable.”
After her match, Obama hung out with James Blake, Serena Williams, and other tennis greats. Billie Jean King sat behind the First Lady as they took in a match later in the day.
More from Rucuss
- The Reality World!!
- Texas Man Tries to Access Michelle Obama’s Bank Account, Claims She Adopted Him! [Details
- Michelle Obama Covers Vogue, President Obama Admits She Upgraded Him [Photos]
- Serena Williams Wins Gold at Olympics, Dances on Tennis Court [Video]
- Serena Williams Graces The Cover Of Vogue
- Serena Williams Shows Curves Off in Leather Dress on the Streets of New York [Photos]