Michael Sam Drafted By Rams In 7th Round, Shares Kiss With Boyfriend [Video]
Rucuss staffMay 11, 2014
Former Missouri linebacker Michael Sam is officially the first openly gay player in the NFL.
Sam was in the seventh round and 249th overall by the St. Louis Rams. Although he is the reigning SEC Defensive Player of the Year he was not rated highly as an NFL prospect.
Sam didn’t perform well at the NFL Combine where he scored poorly on measurable stats. He performed better at his pro day, but his size, speed and shaky athleticism led many to consider him a weak prospect.
Sam posted the photo below on Twitter, along with the caption: “Thank you to the St. Louis Rams and the whole city of St. Louis. I’m using every once of this to achieve greatness!!”
But before Sam took the photo above, he got emotional after he received the phone call that he was drafted. He broke down and cried while his boyfriend was right by his side.
The two even shared multiple kisses on the lips. Watch the video of Sam’s celebration below.
Photos via Twitter and ESPN
More from Rucuss
- Missouri DE Michael Sam Had A Boyfriend in College [Details]
- Missouri DE Michael Sam Will Be First Openly Gay NFL Prospect
- NFL Player Terrance Ganaway Has Offseason Minimum Wage Job at Jimmy John’s! [Details]
- Former Defensive Back Chris McAlister Claims He’s Broke
- Cowboys’ New Quarterback Deleted His Old Tweets Ripping Tony Romo
- NFL Player Russell Wilson Files For Divorce From Wife Ashton