Michael Jackson Tops Forbes’ List of Highest-Earning Deceased Celebs
Johnnie WaltersOctober 26, 2011
For the second year in a row, Michael Jackson has been named the Top Earning Dead Celebrity.
According to Forbes, Jackson’s estate made more than $170 million. The huge gross was due to music sales, the King of Pop’s “stake in the Sony/ATV catalog,” and other contributing factors like Cirque Du Soleil’s show ‘Immortal,’ which is based on Jackson’s life and career.
Although, $170 million is a huge payday compared to other deceased celebs and also living ones. He is the second highest earning act dead or alive, after U2. A year ago, he topped the list with $275 million.
Following Jackson on the “Top-Earning Dead Celebrities” list are Elvis Presley ($55 million), Marilyn Monroe ($27 million), ‘Peanuts’ creator Charles Schulz ($25 million), and Elizabeth Taylor ($12 million), who tied at No. 5 with Beatles member John Lennon.
More from Rucuss
- Lana Del Rey & A$AP Rocky As Jackie-O and J.F.K. in ‘National Anthem’ [Video]
- Michael Jackson Album ‘Xscape’ Set for May Release
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Pay $60,000 For Hotel Suite
- 50 Cent Settles Bankruptcy Case with $22 Million Payment [Details]
- Randy, Jermaine Jackson Allegedly Plotting to Get Michael Jackson’s Money [Details]
- Katherine Jackson’s Husband, Children & Some Grandchildren Banned From Home [Details]