Michael Jackson Album ‘Xscape’ Set for May Release
Rucuss staffMarch 31, 2014
Michael Jackson’s music lives on.
Five years after the King of Pop’s death, Epic Records and the Jackson Estate will release the posthumous album Xscape. The project features eight new songs.
Timbaland serves as the album’s lead producer, with additional production from Stargate, Jerome “Jroc” Harmon, John McClain, and Rodney Jerkins, who “contemporized” the title track with Jackson in the studio.
“Modern music and artistry would look and sound completely different if not for the groundbreaking contributions Michael Jackson gifted to the world,” said Epic chairman L.A. Reid. “Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with. We are extremely proud and honored to present this music to the world.”
Xscape will also be available as a deluxe edition, which includes all of the sourced recordings in their original form. Pre-orders begin April 1 on iTunes, while the full album arrives on May 13.
More from Rucuss
- Miki Howard Responds to Rumors She Has Love Child With Michael Jackson
- Choreographer Wade Robson Accuses Michael Jackson of Sexual Abuse! [Details]
- Conrad Murray: ‘I Held Michael Jackson’s Penis Every Night’
- 2014 Billboard Music Awards: Red Carpet [Photos]
- Randy, Jermaine Jackson Allegedly Plotting to Get Michael Jackson’s Money [Details]
- Katherine Jackson’s Husband, Children & Some Grandchildren Banned From Home [Details]