Love & Hip Hop: Mendeecees Harris Pleads Not Guilty to Drug Charges! [Details]
Rucuss staffMarch 11, 2013
Love & Hip Hop star Mendeecees Harris pleaded not guilty in federal court to a drug conspiracy charge.
Harris, his brother Tyrus Harris and Ronald Walker are accused of running a heroin and cocaine ring that pulled in an estimated $2.5 million between 2005 and August 2012. Tyrus and Walker also pled not guilty in federal court in Rochester, NY on Friday, the Democrat and Chronicle reports.
Harris, who is the boyfriend of Yandy Smith, was convicted of a a drug charge in 2001 so if convicted again he’s facing a mandatory 20 year sentence. All three men remain in jail without bail. Harris’ attorney hopes that a bail hearing could take place in the near future.
The Democrat and Chronicle reports that the criminal indictment shows police in August seized more than $1.5 million in cash from safety deposit boxes and homes linked to the alleged conspiracy. A 2012 Land Rover and more than $406,000 in jewelry was also seized. Authorities are also pushing for the forfeiture of properties in Georgia and Baltimore.
Mendeecees was recently acquitted in a New Jersey trial for sexual abuse of a 15-year-old girl.
More from Rucuss
- Yandy Smith Spends $200K To Bail Mendeecees Harris Out of Jail
- Love & Hip Hop: Is Yandy Smith A Homewrecker?!
- Mendeecees Harris Pleads Guilty To Drug Trafficking [Details]
- Mendeecees Harris Found Not Guilty in Child Molestation Case! [Details]
- Yandy Smith & Mandeecees Harris Host ‘Princess Ballerina’ Baby Shower
- Mendeecees Harris Testifies, Denies Molesting 15-Year Old [Details/Photos]