Mendeecees Harris Sentenced to 8 Years in Prison [Details]
Rucuss staffDecember 2, 2015
Love & Hip Hop New York star Mendeecees Harris has finally received his sentence.
Harris was sentenced to 97 months in prison on Tuesday. The 36-year old pleaded guilty to drug trafficking charges in April, Democrat & Chronicle reports. Harris has been free on a $600,000 bail. The agreement allowed him to pay restitution with earnings and paid appearances, the news outlet reports.
Harris’ wife, Yandy Smith-Harris, who also stars on the show, took to Instagram to express gratitude for the support of her fans.
“You have no idea how much your love and encouragement means,” she wrote. “We finally have closure and are prepared and ready for all the future holds. God and love always prevails.”
For his part, Harris took full responsibility for his actions with a thoughful message to his fans shared via Instagram.
“My transition to be a better person a productive person started well before this case. However in my past I made some bad decisions,” he wrote. “Young men let my life be an example to you now before it’s too late. Better who you are no in your children’s lives and in society, so you can change the path of our fate.”
The couple married in May with a televised wedding special, Love & Hip Hop Live: The Wedding. The sixth season of Love & Hip Hop NY premieres on Dec. 14.
More from Rucuss
- Yandy Smith Spends $200K To Bail Mendeecees Harris Out of Jail
- Mendeecees Harris Testifies, Denies Molesting 15-Year Old [Details/Photos]
- Mendeecees Harris Found Not Guilty in Child Molestation Case! [Details]
- Love & Hip Hop’s Yandy Smith & Mendeecees Assistant’s Feud Continues Online
- Love & Hip Hop: Mendeecees Harris Pleads Not Guilty to Drug Charges! [Details]
- Love & Hip Hop: Is Yandy Smith A Homewrecker?!