Mendeecees Harris Pleads Guilty To Drug Trafficking [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 23, 2015
Love & Hip Hop New York star Mendeecees Harris admitted to drug trafficking charges in federal court.
Although Harris is marrying his fiancée, Yandy Smith, next month, he won’t have much time to celebrate afterwards. He faces up to 40 years in prison following his recent guilty plea, TMZ reports.
Harris has also been ordered to surrender all of his checks from the hit VH1 show and paid appearances. Harris’s attorney Donald Thompson told Democrat & Chronicle that his client gets paid per episode, and the amount he has earned has totaled more than $103,000, all of which the federal government will keep.
Harris was arrested by the feds for leading a drug trafficking operation that shipped cocaine and heroin to Rochester, N.Y., for seven years. It spanned between 2005 and 2012.
Harris is facing up to ten years in prison and up to $5 million in fines at his sentencing in August. He remains free on a $600,000 bail. His brother and co-defendant Tyrus was sentenced to five years last June and his other co-defendant Ronald Walker was handed a 10 year sentence.
Photos via BET.com
More from Rucuss
- Love & Hip Hop: Mendeecees Harris Pleads Not Guilty to Drug Charges! [Details]
- Yandy Smith Spends $200K To Bail Mendeecees Harris Out of Jail
- Mendeecees Harris Testifies, Denies Molesting 15-Year Old [Details/Photos]
- Mendeecees Harris Found Not Guilty in Child Molestation Case! [Details]
- Yandy Smith Puts Women On Blast For Direct Messaging Mendeecees [Details]
- Love & Hip Hop: Is Yandy Smith A Homewrecker?!