Meek Mill Loses Civil Suit Against Police [Details]
Rucuss staffMay 2, 2014
Meek Mill didn’t get the verdict that he was hoping for.
The Dreamchasers rapper lost his civil-rights lawsuit against two Philadelphia police officers he accused of detaining him illegally two years ago. While trying to catch a flight to Atlanta to promote his debut album Dreams & Nightmares on Halloween in 2012, Meek was handcuffed and detained for 10 hours by police.
Police said they stopped Meek’s vehicle because of its tinted windows and marijuana smell, but no drugs were found and no charges filed. The 26-year old was on probation at the time from a 2008 drug and gun case.
After the mostly-white jury announced their decision, Meek wasn’t happy and stormed out of the courtroom.
“They ain’t from where I’m from,” Meek said via Philly.com. “I [don’t] really expect them to understand what I go through. I respect their decision, though.”
The jury took less than two hours to come to a decision. Meek was seeking more than $400,000 in lost income, plus additional damages for emotional distress.
Following the verdict, Meek took to Twitter to address the loss. “I’m not surprised…Just let me move away from here,” he said. “I just wanna get this money..And take care of my family! I sued they said I’m wrong.”
Photos via Billboard.com and Hulkshare.com
More from Rucuss
- Meek Mill Denies Involvement in Nicki Minaj Robbery
- The Game Drags Meek Mill Over Nicki Minaj & Remy Ma Beef
- Meek Mill Hid Drug Addiction From Fear of Being Sent to Prison [Video]
- Meek Mill Released From Prison [Details]
- Meek Mill Cleared To Release Music While on House Arrest [Details]
- Meek Mill’s Ex-Girlfriend Sends A Message To Women Who Deserve Better [Details]