Meek Mill Jailed for Probation Violation [Details]
Rucuss staffJuly 12, 2014
Meek Mill will have plenty of time to write songs over the next couple of months.
The MMG rapper was sentenced to three to six months in jail for violating his probation. According to TMZ, the 27-year-old was in a Philadelphia courtroom on Friday afternoon to face the judge for multiple parole violations stemming from a 2009 drug and gun conviction.
Prosecutors claim that Meek repeatedly scheduled concerts without pre-approval. Meek also changed his cell number without telling them. To make matters worse, he allegedly slammed the the District Attorney on Twitter.
Meek and his lawyer tried for hours to convince the judge not to send him back to jail.
“Sir, I didn’t want to do this but you made me do this,” said Philadelphia Common Pleas Court Judge Genece E. Brinkley. “After all the years I tried to get you on the right track.”
Meek told the judge that his career has supported his family and friends. He claims his monthly expenses are at $80,000 to $90,000.
“It took me 15 years to get here and this will be extremely damaging to my life,” Meek told the judge.
Sources in Meek’s crew told TMZ that the District Attorney had a vendetta against him, and wanted to take him down because he has an album coming out. While Meek sits behind bars, he will have his sophomore album, Dreams Worth More Than Money, released on September 9.
More from Rucuss
- Lil Wayne’s Camp Denies Seizure Caused Concert Cancellation [Details]
- Meek Mill Denies Involvement in Nicki Minaj Robbery
- Meek Mill Loses Civil Suit Against Police [Details]
- Meek Mill Hid Drug Addiction From Fear of Being Sent to Prison [Video]
- Meek Mill Cleared To Release Music While on House Arrest [Details]
- Meek Mill Didn’t Like What Wale Said About His Drake Beef, Calls Him A Hoe