Meek Mill Calls Wale a Hater, Wale Responds [Details]
Rucuss staffJuly 9, 2014
Meek Mill may be label mates with Wale, but that is as far as their relationship goes.
Meek called out Wale on social media for not supporting his album. The Philly rapper announced the release date for his sophomore album Dream Worth More Than Money, but he wasn’t happy that Wale wouldn’t show some love.
“Wale just ain’t gone tweet a thing about my album…. He’s been hating on me long time now …don’t even text me cornball! #UNOTMMG,” Meek tweeted. “Everybody can see it! None of y’all dudes don’t call me text me nothing it is what it is!”
“I don’t really want no suckas in arm reach of me…. My hands might lose control! That’s how I’m rocking,” he continued. “I ain’t doing nomore acting for no rap sh–! I got real family at home and all my day 1′s on the road wit me….. I just wanna make it known who is who!”
Read Meek’s entire rant below.
Apparently the MMG rappers have been having problems with each other for some time. Wale eventually responded to Meek’s tweets with a long rant of his own.
Baller Alert has the scoop on why Meek and Wale fell out.
- Let’s discuss how Meek and Wale were formally introduced. Wale & Kevin Durant (both DC natives) held an annual birthday weekend celebration a few years ago. During the birthday weekend Wale and 50 others attempted to get into a nightclub but was denied entry because the club was packed and it was extremely packed. This is obviously before Wale achieved any level of superstardom. Irritated Wale yelled at his female assistant that he wanted to go home and to get his keys out of her purse. The assistant asked Wale not to yell at her, as she shuffled through her purse to find Wale’s car keys. Annoyed, Wale continued to yell at her and eventually pushed her into the brick wall of the club and hit her in the face, pushing her head into the wall. Bystanders saw what Wale did and intervened, immediately attempting to jump Wale. Meek, who hardly knew Wale at the time, jumped in to the fight for Wale and that’s how the two became friends.
- Fast forward, Some of you have seen the infamous 2011 BET Hip Hop Awards red carpet interview Bossip did with Meek Mill where Wale continuously annoyed him by interrupting his interview. If you haven’t, I’ll post it below. Little did you know, that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Let’s start with The MMG Tour (2012) featuring Rick Ross, Meek Mill, Wale & Machine Gun Kelly. Throughout the tour Wale was the opening act for Meek Mill but when the tour took a stop in Wale’s home of Washington, DC, he wanted to change all of that. Wale complained several times that he did not want to open. Some describe it as “whining” but I’ll just use the word “complain” for all intents and purposes. Meek, who was frustrated with all of the whining and attempts to pit each other against one another, open hand slapped Wale, telling him to calm down and yelling out “when u act like a bitch i gotta treat u like a bitch.” He also reminded Wale that when he was getting beat up in DC, he, a total stranger, was the one who jumped in for him. Later the two allegedly spoke and Meek acknowledged that he had no issue letting Wale open, he just didn’t need the jealousy and dramatics.
It’s clear that Meek has had enough of Wale.
Photos via Twitter and
More from Rucuss
- Meek Mill Didn’t Like What Wale Said About His Drake Beef, Calls Him A Hoe
- The Game Drags Meek Mill Over Nicki Minaj & Remy Ma Beef
- Nicki Minaj Announces She’s Single, Meek Mill Shades Her On Instagram
- Meek Mill Denies Involvement in Nicki Minaj Robbery
- Safaree Talks Nicki Minaj Breakup, Remy Ma, & Meek Mill on ‘Wendy’ [Video]
- 50 Cent Destroys Meek Mill On Social Media After Diss Track