Master P on Whitney Houston: Where Was the Support When She Was Alive?
Rucuss staffFebruary 22, 2012
Master P watched Whitney Houston’s televised funeral.
The New Orleans rapper listened to plenty of celebrities give their condolences. But he wonders where were all these so-called friends and fans when Whitney Houston was alive. He acknowledges Houston was the greatest singer, but he wonders why did it take her passing to be recognized.
The rapper wrote a column on Allhiphop.com to voice his opinion on the matter. He also has a few questions for Houston’s fans.
Master P wrote:
We come from nothing. Nobody is perfect. But once you become a star, they never truly recognize you until you are dead. Whitney Houston had an amazing funeral. What a supporting cast of stars, politicians, community leaders, and business execs that attended and shared their love. But where were they when she was alive?
I’m asking the world some questions, and I just want you to think about what I’m saying. Maybe some of you asked the same questions.
- If Whitney was alive and had a birthday on February 18, 2012 instead of a funeral, how many celebrities would have showed up?
- Do you think Kevin Costner would have made time and said half of the nice things he said while Whitney was alive?
- With all of the money Whitney made for Arista Records, if she asked for some financial assistance to help put Bobby Kristina through college, do you think they would have helped her?
- With everything Whitney had been through and overcome, if she wanted to do a program to help girls, what TV stations would have aired it as quickly as they aired her funeral?
- Now they call Whitney a Legend, the Greatest, the Voice. How many told her that while she was alive?
- If Whitney were alive, how many of us would be waiting to see and support the upcoming movie, Sparkle?
- If Whitney were alive, would the Grammy’s have paid the same attention to her?
- Radio stations are playing Whitney’s music, her videos are in rotation, people are buying her albums, but who are the ones truly benefiting from it now?
More from Rucuss
- Ray J Misses Whitney Houston, Releases Statement About the Pop Icon
- Bobby Brown Leaves Whitney Houston’s Funeral After Entourage Couldn’t Be Seated
- Funeral Home Knows Who Leaked Whitney Houston Photo [Details/Video]
- Bobbi Kristina: ‘I’m Tired Of Hearing People Say ‘Eww You’re Engaged To Your Brother’ [Details]
- Bobbi Kristina To Have Her Own Reality Show [Details]
- Fantasia Barrino Breaks Down Onstage In Trinidad [Details]
- Bobbi Kristina & Nick Gordon Celebrate Whitney Houston’s Birthday With Tattoos [Photos]
- Taxpayers Upset Over Paying Security Bill for Whitney Houston’s Funeral
- Whitney Houston’s Funeral Program [Photos]
- Aretha Franklin Performs Just Hours After Backing Out of Whitney Houston’s Funeral