Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen Debuts $55,000 Presciption Pill Covered Backpacks [Photos]
Rucuss staffDecember 5, 2012
Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have collaborated with artist Damien Hirst to design a new handbag line called The Row.
The Row will release 12 glossy Damien Hirst-designed backpacks made of black patent Nile crocodile skin, covered in prescription pills. The backpacks will go on sale for a whooping $55,000 on Dec. 12.
This is the second time the twins have collaborated on limited edition pieces. The Olsens had a previous line featuring $39,000 designs, all of which were completely sold out.
The limited edition bags seem to celebrate drug paraphernalia. The backpack features include internal detachable handle, adjustable canvas straps, internal zip-fastening, slit pockets, and small gold-plated brass feet at base.
Some of the proceeds from the drug-covered crocodile bags will go to the UNICEF.
More from Rucuss
- Check out Some Show-Stopping Handbags From New York Fashion Week
- Man Who Set Home On Fire With Burning Bible Blamed ‘Homosexual Demon’ [Details]
- Say What: Canada Has Crack Pipe Vending Machines!
- The Award for Craziest Mug Shot Goes to NFL Player Desmond Bryant! [Photo]
- Hermes Designs Solid Gold Bag For $2 Million [Photo]
- Versace Accused Of Discrimination, Using ‘Secret Code’ For Black Shoppers