Mary J. Blige’s Husband Kendu Isaacs Wants Spousal Support [Details]
Rucuss staffSeptember 15, 2016
Mary J. Blige and her estranged husband Kendu Isaacs are fighting over money.
Blige’s divorce from her manager has taken a turn for the worse because Isaacs wants spousal support, but Blige is against it. According to TMZ, Isaacs requested spousal support and financial assistance for lawyer fees. The details were included in Isaacs’ response to the singer’s divorce petition.
While the legendary singer cited a “TBD” termination date for their 12-year marriage, Isaacs lists July 25. The news was confirmed by reps for the singer on July 28.
Throughout the years, Blige was very private about her marriage, only revealing certain things. But she did praise Isaacs for helping her deal with some of her past demons.
“We met when I hated men. … After I met him, everything changed in my life,” Blige told Parade in 2007. “He was the first person to ever challenge what I did: ‘Why are you drinking? Why do you hate yourself? You don’t need to be around people who tear you down. You’re beautiful, Mary.’ He was the first man to ever tell me that.”
Blige and Isaacs got married in December 2003. The singer is currently prepping for her world tour with Maxwell and her new album.
More from Rucuss
- Mary J. Blige Claims Estranged Husband Won’t Return Cars and Grammy
- Say What! Was Kendu Isaacs Creeping with Karrine Steffans?
- Mary J. Blige Sued Over Canceled Concert! [Details]
- Mary J. Blige Hasn’t Paid Taxes in Years, Hit With $3.4 Million Tax Lien! [Details]
- Mary J. Blige, Adrienne Bosh Show Off Bikini Bodies in Puerto Rico [Photos]
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile