Mary J. Blige Sued Over Canceled Concert! [Details]
Rucuss staffJune 19, 2013
Mary J. Blige is officially having the worse year ever.
Blige has been hit with another lawsuit for allegedly backing out of an agreement only days before she was scheduled to perform in Dallas last December. Vision Entertainment Worldwide has taken legal action against Blige and her production company for canceling a December 9th show.
VEW is suing Blige for breach of contract. The promotion company claims it paid the singer $145,000 for the performance and she never returned the money. VEW believes Blige ditched the concert to perform alongside Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones on December 8th at the Barclays Center.
The singer’s publicist, Karynne Tencer, told TMZ “Mary J. did not breach any contract for a Dallas concert last December. Any claim to the contrary is false.”
The singer was recently served a $3.4 million tax lien for unpaid taxes in 2009, 2010 and 2011. The state of New Jersey also hit Blige with another tax lien of $900, 000 in February, and later that month Bank of America sued her for defaulting on a $500,000 loan.
Blige’s money woes date back to 2012, when she and husband Martin Kendu faced a lawsuit for defaulting on a $2.2 million loan from Signature Bank.
Photo via Beaumont Enterprise
More from Rucuss
- Mary J. Blige Claims Estranged Husband Won’t Return Cars and Grammy
- Kendu Isaac’s Daughter Pregnant and Homeless! [Details]
- Mary J. Blige Hasn’t Paid Taxes in Years, Hit With $3.4 Million Tax Lien! [Details]
- Mary J. Blige, Adrienne Bosh Show Off Bikini Bodies in Puerto Rico [Photos]
- Mary J. Blige Money Woes Continue, Allegedly Having Trouble Paying Rent! [Details]
- Mary J. Blige’s Husband Kendu Isaacs Wants Spousal Support [Details]