Mary J. Blige Money Woes Continue, Allegedly Having Trouble Paying Rent! [Details]
Rucuss staffFebruary 19, 2013
Mary J. Blige’s financial issues just seem to get worse and worse.
Blige was hit with a $901,769.65 tax lien in the State of New Jersey a couple of days ago. Before then, she was sued by Bank of America in New York State Supreme Court for allegedly defaulting on a $500,000 bank loan that took out in 2005. She stopped making re-payments in June 2012.
And to make matters worse, Blige and her husband Martin Isaacs were sued by Signature Bank last November after they failed to pay off a $2.2 million bank loan. The bank wants to recoup the original loan plus $58,000 in interest.
Here’s the 411 on Mary J. Blige’s financial troubles — they’re worse than we thought. The “No More Drama” singer’s reported money problems have gotten so bad, she was slapped with a notice on the door of her tony upper West Side apartment building after it was discovered that she “had a rent-paying problem” last November. The luxe building, the Ashley, boasts a basketball court, state-of-the-art gym and bowling alley.
“It was for not paying back rent,” said a real estate source who has leased apartments at the building. A three-bedroom apartment at the Extell Development site, similar to the one Blige was renting, rents for $9,000 to $12,000 monthly, depending on the view and amenities. Our source says the 42-year-old singer was there for a little more than a year before the note was plastered on the front door of the pad.
It is not clear if Blige sorted out the problem with building management.
More from Rucuss
- Mary J. Blige Hasn’t Paid Taxes in Years, Hit With $3.4 Million Tax Lien! [Details]
- Mary J. Blige Claims Estranged Husband Won’t Return Cars and Grammy
- Magic Johnson, Mary J. Blige & More Attend LL Cool J’s Wife Simone’s 90s B-Day Bash [Photos]
- Mary J. Blige Sued Over Canceled Concert! [Details]
- Kendu Isaac’s Daughter Pregnant and Homeless! [Details]
- Mary J. Blige Father Stabbed By Ex-Girlfriend, Critically Injured [Details]