Mary J. Blige Hasn’t Paid Taxes in Years, Hit With $3.4 Million Tax Lien! [Details]
Rucuss staffMay 20, 2013
Mary J. Blige is the latest R&B singer to have financial problems.
A week after Lauryn Hill was sentenced to three months in jail for failure to pay more than a million dollars in taxes, Blige has been slapped with a $3.4 million dollar federal tax lien. The Be Happy singer allegedly didn’t file taxes in 2009, 2010 or 2011.
According to TMZ, she owes a whopping $3,426,255.43 in taxes. This amount is in addition to the $901,769.65 in back taxes that she owes to the state of New Jersey. She failed to pay income taxes for years 2009 ($574,907.30), 2010 ($2,203,743.53) and 2011 ($647,604.60).
Blige is already being sued for allegedly defaulting on a $2.2 million bank loan. Her charity is also under investigation and could possibly face a lawsuit that claims it took out a $250,000 loan and never paid it back.
Photos via Elev8.com and HolyCitySinner.com
More from Rucuss
- Mary J. Blige Money Woes Continue, Allegedly Having Trouble Paying Rent! [Details]
- Mary J. Blige Sued Over Canceled Concert! [Details]
- Mary J. Blige Claims Estranged Husband Won’t Return Cars and Grammy
- Kendu Isaac’s Daughter Pregnant and Homeless! [Details]
- Mary J. Blige’s Husband Kendu Isaacs Wants Spousal Support [Details]
- Mary J. Blige, Adrienne Bosh Show Off Bikini Bodies in Puerto Rico [Photos]