Mariah Carey Splits With Manager Jermaine Dupri [Details]
Rucuss staffAugust 6, 2014
Mariah Carey needs some help with her career.
The Vision Of Love singer has parted ways with her manager Jermaine Dupri. She confirmed the split in a statement to Billboard. Kevin Liles is rumored to be her next manager.
Carey has been working closely with Liles, who manages Trey Songz and Ty Dolla $ign. While nothing official has been inked, the two recently collaborated on the launch of Carey’s Go N’Syde’s Butterfly beverage.
The announcement comes in the wake of the disappointing sales of Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse. Despite its critical acclaim, the album has sold only 103,000 copies since its May 27 release, and has fallen off the Billboard 200 after just eight weeks.
“I’m a very hands-on person when it comes to my work,” J.D. said in an earlier interview. “I put my all into every project. But when I’m not allowed to do what I do, then I know it’s time for me to move on. Mariah and I enjoy working together and will continue to make great music together in the future.”
Dupri has produced some of Carey’s biggest hits including We Belong Together and Always Be My Baby. He served as the executive producer of her latest album, Chanteuse.
More from Rucuss
- Jermaine Dupri Pens Letter to Mariah Carey’s Fans Who Blame Him For Album Sales
- Mariah Carey’s Camp Blames Producers for New Year’s Performance
- Jermaine Dupri Says Ciara ‘I Bet’ Is a Usher Rip Off [Details]
- Mariah Carey And L.A. Reid Reunite At Epic Records [Details]
- Jermaine Dupri, Anthony Hamilton, Da Brat & More Attend So So Def Castle Party [Photos]
- Jermaine Dupri: ‘I’m Not Broke, and I’m Not Losing So So Def’s Catalog!’ [Details]