Mariah Carey And L.A. Reid Reunite At Epic Records [Details]
Rucuss staffJanuary 31, 2015
Mariah Carey is reuniting with Antonio “L.A.” Reid at Epic Records.
Reid was Carey’s former label boss at Sony Music. The label executive helped bring Carey to Island Def Jam in 2003 and oversaw her 2005 comeback album The Emancipation of Mimi before he left the label in 2011.
Billboard reports that Carey’s deal is far less than her record-setting $80 million contract with Virgin Records years ago. Carey was allegedly “asking for a $3 million advance; she didn’t get it.”
“Sony’s was the only deal on the table, and it came in far lower than she expected,” a source told Billboard.
Carey’s most recent album, 2014’s Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse, has posted her lowest sales to date with 117,000 sold. She will join the Epic roster which includes Future, Ciara, Meghan Trainor, Bobby Shmurda, and Fifth Harmony.
Carey is already on the road to rebuild her singing career. She’s set to launch her “#1’s” residency at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas in May. She will also re-release her 1998 album #1’s later this year.
Photos via Rollingstone.com
More from Rucuss
- Mariah Carey’s Camp Blames Producers for New Year’s Performance
- Mariah Carey Splits With Manager Jermaine Dupri [Details]
- Jermaine Dupri Pens Letter to Mariah Carey’s Fans Who Blame Him For Album Sales
- Mariah Carey Concert Ripped By Fans After Voice Cracks During ‘Vision of Love’ [Video]
- Mariah Carey Sells 35-Carat Diamond Engagement Ring From Ex-Fiance
- Say What: Mariah Carey Reportedly Loving ‘Lean’?!