Mariah Carey Dislocates Her Shoulder on Video Set [Details]
Rucuss staffJuly 9, 2013
Mariah Carey was rushed to the hospital in New York Sunday night.
While on set of the remix video for #Beautiful with Young Jeezy, Carey slipped and dislocated her shoulder. Her husband Nick Cannon, who was directing the video said on the Today Show, “She was in this nice, beautiful gown, heels on and everything, and was kind of on this platform and reached and slipped and fell on her whole side.”
Cannon added, “Not only did she dislocate her shoulder, she actually cracked a rib and … she chipped her shoulder bone. I was going to rush to the hospital with her, [but she said,] ‘You get back in there and finish that video! Then, after they put [her] shoulder back in place, bandaged her all up, she came back to the video early in the morning and finished out everything.”
Carey posted the photo above on Twitter of herself wearing a sling in the hospital on Tuesday. She tweeted, “dislocated my shoulder on the remix video with Jeezy, sporting a very fashionable sling for the next couple of weeks!”
Carey is now recovering ahead of her MLB All-Star Charity Concert performance on Saturday. The 43-year old will release a new album this year.
Photos via Twitter and Billboard
More from Rucuss
- Mariah Carey’s Camp Blames Producers for New Year’s Performance
- Mariah Carey On American Idol: ‘It Was Like Going To Work in Hell With Satan’
- Nick Cannon Confirms Separation From Wife Mariah Carey [Details]
- Mariah Carey Concert Ripped By Fans After Voice Cracks During ‘Vision of Love’ [Video]
- Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon & Dem Babies Spend Christmas in Aspen [Photos]
- Nick Cannon’s Father Receives Backlash From Mariah Carey Fans For Being Messy [Details]