Mariah Carey On American Idol: ‘It Was Like Going To Work in Hell With Satan’
Rucuss staffNovember 13, 2013
Mariah Carey is officially done with American Idol, and she’s ready to reveal details of her stint on the show.
The #Beautiful singer sat down with New York’s Hot 97’s Angie Martinez and talked about her role as a judge on Fox’s singing competition. She didn’t have the nicest things to say about the show.
“Honestly, I thought it was gonna be a three-person panel,” said Carey, who was paid a reported $18 million. “They gave me a nice dangling monetary moment.”
Once Nicki Minaj was added to the show things went downhill for Carey. The two made headlines for their feud.
“It was like going to work everyday in hell with Satan,” laughed Mariah. “Nah, I’m just playing. It didn’t affect me that much. I was disappointed.”
Carey also talked about her relationship with her husband Nick Cannon. She revealed that she doesn’t like when Cannon calls himself Mr. Carey.
“He uses it for his comedy act, Mr. Showbiz,” she said. “I hate it when I look at it on TV. I was like, ‘Was that necessary?’ I look at certain relationships in the public eye and I go, ‘See that’s class when you don’t need to talk about the relationship that much.”
Mariah is hoping to release her album The Art of Letting Goin February to coincide with Valentine’s Day. Her twins Monroe and Moroccan are featured on a song.
More from Rucuss
- Nicki Minaj Slams Mariah Carey For Being Insecure and Bitter [Details]
- Nick Cannon’s Father Receives Backlash From Mariah Carey Fans For Being Messy [Details]
- Mariah Carey’s Camp Blames Producers for New Year’s Performance
- Nicki Minaj Talks Mariah Carey Feud, ‘Fake’ Industry, & ‘Idol’ Future [Video]
- Nicki Minaj Argues With Mariah Carey, Storms Off American Idol Set! [Video]
- Mariah Carey Bares Her Bra in Sexy Selfie For Nick Cannon’s Birthday [Photo]