Man Wakes Up In Funeral Home Right Before Embalming [Details]
Rucuss staffMarch 1, 2014
A Mississippi funeral home found a man alive and kicking in a body bag hours after the coroner pronounced him dead.
Walter Williams was reportedly pronounced dead Wednesday night after his pulse stopped. But funeral home employees found him trying to kick through his body bag Thursday morning.
Williams nephew Eddie Hester said he is in the hospital and breathing without the help of a respirator, but is too weak to talk.
The coroner said he checked Williams’ pulse about 9 p.m. Wednesday and pronounced him dead at his home in Lexington. After the coroner helped move Williams to Porter and Sons Funeral Home, workers were getting ready to embalm him, but that’s when he started to move.
Byron Porter said it’s the first time he’s ever seen anything like it. Williams’ was inside the zipped-up body bag and kicking to get out.
“I asked the coroner what happened, and the only thing he could say is that it’s a miracle,” Holmes County Sheriff Willie March said.
According to the coroner, Williams’ pacemaker apparently stopped working, allowing him to pass as a dead man for the moment. Some people will refer to the case as a “miracle,” while others will simply call it a medical misconduct.
More from Rucuss
- Rodney King Found Dead in Swimming Pool, He Was 47
- Blaque Singer Natina Reed’s Sister Found Dead Less Than a Year After Her Death! [Details]
- Pebbelz Da Model Arrested, Charged With Butt-Injection Homicide! [Video]
- Master P on Whitney Houston: Where Was the Support When She Was Alive?
- Diddy’s Baby Mama Kim Porter Accused of Drug Use in Front of Kids, Porter Denies it [Details]
- Another Nanny Accuses Kim Porter of Mistreatment, Sues Diddy For Six Figures [Details]