Magic Johnson Reportedly Interested In Buying Los Angeles Clippers [Details]
Rucuss staffApril 28, 2014
Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling may be strong-armed to sell his team after allegedly making racist comments.
Some NBA players, fans, owners and possibly the league wants him gone. NBA commissioner Adam Silver is expected to make a decision on possible disciplinary action against Sterling on Tuesday.
Most agree that Sterling will be suspended indefinitely until the tape recordings can be proven to be legitimate. Most want him to sell his team if that is Sterling’s voice. It probably will be a hard fault battle for him to do so, but it Sterling does decide the team Magic Johnson wants in.
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports, Johnson is “absolutely interested” in purchasing the Clippers with the help of his billionaire backers the Guggenheim Partners. Sterling would never go down without a fight, but it is within the realm of possibility that Silver and the NBA could force him to turn over the team.
Johnson and the Guggenheim Partners want to build a sports empire in Southern California. After they bought the Los Angeles Dodgers, the group reportedly inquired about purchasing the Los Angeles Lakers. The Buss family said the team was not for sale.
Buying the Clippers would be the ultimate payback for Johnson. The former Lakers star was specifically targeted during Sterling’s racist rant. He told his girlfriend that he did not want Johnson or black people attending Clippers’ games.
More from Rucuss
- Donald Sterling Banned From NBA For Life, League Will Try To Force Him Out
- Snoop Dogg To Donald Sterling: ‘F*ck You…You Racist Piece Of Sh*t’
- Donald Sterling Says He’s Not Racist, Slams Magic Johnson During Interview [Video]
- Fans Call For Boycott Of Clippers After Audio Of Owner’s Racist Comments Leak [Audio]
- V. Stiviano Wears Darth Vader Mask To Avoid Media [Video]
- Donald Sterling Denies Being A Racist In New Audio