Madonna Posts Photo Of Son Boxing With N-Word Hashtag [Details]
Rucuss staffJanuary 18, 2014
Madonna is very proud of her son and she wanted to share it with the world on Friday.
The Like a Virgin singer posted a photo on Instagram of Rocco in a boxing ring sparring with someone. It seemed pretty innocent until she posted the caption: “No one messes with Dirty Soap! Mama said knock you out! #disnigga.”
Madonna immediately realized her error in judgement and quickly deleted the post. But it wasn’t quick enough and her racist hashtag went viral.
Madonna followed up with a new post of the same picture with the caption: “Ok let me start this again. #get off of my dick haters!”
Madonna also issued a statement to PEOPLE.
“It was not meant as a racial slur … I am not a racist. There’s no way to defend the use of the word. It was all about intention.”
“It was used as a term of endearment toward my son who is white,” Madonna continues. “I appreciate that it’s a provocative word and I apologize if it gave people the wrong impression. Forgive me.”
Maybe Madonna thought she got a pass since she adopted two children, David Banda and Mercy James, from Malawi, Africa. Or that she kissed a ‘black Jesus’ character in her video Like a Prayer.
Madonna also dated Dennis Rodman. Wonder if he’s interested in taking her to North Korea with him?
Photos via Instagram and blackcelebkids.com
More from Rucuss
- Madonna Gets Clowned For Exploiting Black Son & Gold Grill At Grammys [Photos]
- Vivica A. Fox Talks About Failed Engagement, Says She Fell For a Six-Pack and A Smile
- Mariah Carey’s Camp Blames Producers for New Year’s Performance
- Couple Alert: Sevyn Streeter And B.O.B. Are Dating
- Here We Go Again: Did Chris Brown Apologize to Rihanna?! [Details]
- Justin Bieber Gets Cheeky, Shows His Bare Butt [Photo]