Madonna, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Marry Couples During Grammy Performance [Video]
Rucuss staffJanuary 27, 2014
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis closed out the 56th Annual Grammy Awards with a memorable performance.
After winning all rap categories, the Seattle duo performed their hit song, Same Love, with Mary Lambert and Trombone Shorty. Madonna joined them onstage to sing her classic Open Your Heart while 33 marriage ceremonies took place throughout the aisles.
Queen Latifah introduced the performance and officiated the mini-weddings.
“This song is a love song not for some of us, but for all of us,” said Queen Latifah while introducing the performance.
The 33 couples represented all demographics: gay, straight, interracial and spanning a variety of ages. Lewis’ sister was reportedly among the couples, marrying her boyfriend.
The performance brought Staples Center to its feet and country star Keith Urban was reduced to tears. Watch the performance and ceremony below.
More from Rucuss
- Kendrick Lamar And Imagine Dragons Perform New Version Of ‘Radioactive’ [Video]
- Madonna Gets Clowned For Exploiting Black Son & Gold Grill At Grammys [Photos]
- Pharrell Williams Gets Clowned For Wearing Large Hat to Grammys [Photos]
- Macklemore to Kendrick Lamar: ‘It’s Weird And It Sucks That I Robbed You’
- Grammys 2014: Full List Of Winners From 56th Annual Show
- Madonna Says Kissing Drake Was Like Kissing a Girl [Details]