Madonna, Jay-Z & Shaquille O’Neal Will Have Their Own Non-Music YouTube Channels
Rucuss staffNovember 2, 2011
YouTube and Google are teaming up to gain a piece of the television world.
YouTube is the go-to site for videos but now add TV. The website is set to launch 100 online channels and Madonna, Jay-Z and Shaquille O’Neal will each have their own. YouTube and Google has invested a reported $100 million to branch out into the television business.
Soon, you’ll be able to go to YouTube and watch original programming daily. There will be about 25 hours of new, original programming a day. Madonna, Jay-Z and Shaq have not released their program line-ups just yet. But they will reportedly be given $5 million to pick and create new shows.
Other celebrities that will have channels include Antony Zuiker, the creator of criminal drama CSI, Rainn Wilson, one of the star’s of the US version of The Office, and skateboard legend Tony Hawk, MediaGuardian reports.
YouTube content global head Robert Kyncl said, “Today, the web is bringing us entertainment from an even wider range of talented producers, and many of the defining channels of the next generation are being born, and watched, on YouTube.”
More from Rucuss
- Gucci Mane Proposes to Keyshia Ka’oir at Atlanta Hawks Game [Video]
- Shaq Tries to Clear Up “Respectful Cheater” Comment, Says He’s a Better Man Now
- Basketball Wives’ Shaunie O’Neal And Tami Roman Address Boycott [Details]
- Birdman Responds to Rick Ross’ ‘Idols Become Rivals’ Diss Song
- Charles Barkley Says Weight Watchers Biggest Scam Ever [Video]
- Hoopz Carries Shaquille O’Neal on Her Back! [Video]