Lose Your Love Handles in Three Moves
Rucuss staffDecember 15, 2011
Love handles are a nuisance.
It’s that annoying piece of skin that hangs from your side. Many people gain the extra skin when they neglect their obliques. Even in shape people can have them if they don’t focus on them during their workout. It doesn’t matter if you’re fat or skinny, it affects the best of us. Fitness magazine has put together three moves that requires a medicine ball. Work up to three sets of 10.
Beginner: Stability-Ball Twist
1. Lie back on a stability ball with your feet on the floor. Hold a medicine ball at chest level and extend arms.
2. Keeping your butt on the ball, slowly rotate your torso to the left until your knuckles are pointing to the wall.
3. Return to center and repeat on the other side.
Intermediate: Roll and Curl
1. Begin in a full push-up position with tops of your feet resting on a stability ball, hands on floor shoulder-width apart.
2. Keeping your abs and glutes tight, bend your knees to roll ball in toward right side of chest.
3. Extend your legs to roll ball back to start; repeat to the left.
Advanced: Medicine-Ball Twist
1. Lie face up on floor holding a medicine ball in both hands overhead, knees bent 90 degrees, feet on floor.
2. Crunch up, twisting shoulders to the right while bringing ball to right side of thighs; at the same time, bring knees toward the left.
3. Return to start and switch sides.