LL Cool J Not Impressed With ‘Magna Carta Holy Grail’ Record Sales [Details]
Rucuss staffJuly 16, 2013
LL Cool J doesn’t have a problem with Samsung buying a million copies of Jay-Z’s album Magna Carta Holy Grail.
But LL wants to make it clear that there is a difference with Hova’s album sales, they were manufactured. Samsung gave the copies away for free by downloading a smartphone app. LL prefers if his fans bought his album over a company.
“Numbers are Numbers. In the numbers is truth, but in terms of touching the people it’s a little different,” LL Cool J told Revolt TV. “For me as an artist I still want to be able to touch the people individually. It still matters to me that people individually went out and bought my record. Although I still think a million sold is a million sold, but for me I like to know that a million PEOPLE bought my record, not a company bought a million copies of my record.”
Watch LL Cool J’s interview below.
More from Rucuss
- Jay-Z Receives Platinum Plaque For Magna Carta Holy Grail [Photo]
- Timbaland and Keri Hilson Pen Apology to Jay-Z and Beyoncé on ‘Sorry’ [Details]
- Jay Z Announces Independence Day Album ‘Magna Carta Holy Grail’ [Video]
- Jay-Z Celebrates Magna Carta Holy Grail Release in NYC [Photos]
- 55th Annual Grammy Awards: Complete List of Nominees
- Jay-Z’s Magna Carta Song ‘Crown’ Produced By 16-Year-Old Girl [Video]