LisaRaye McCoy Talks About Being Single & Competing With Reality Stars In BE Magazine
Peaches GrantJuly 24, 2012
Single Ladies star LisaRaye McCoy is in the middle of her second season with the VH1 series.
McCoy stars as Keisha, who is a single woman looking for love, in the popular romantic comedy series. But as it turns out she’s also looking for love in real life too. The 40-something beauty covers BE magazine’s XXXXI digital issue and reveals she is a single lady.
McCoy explains to the magazine that she hopes to be swept off her feet like a fairytale. She also talks about being called by her character’s names by fans and what she thinks about reality stars.
Check out a few excerpts from the interview with BE via NecoleBitchie below:
On finding a man: I am a single lady. I can’t really say I’m looking for him; I just want to bump into him. I want to BE surprised. I want to BE swept off my feet like…is that, could that…why it’s him! I want that whole thing with the music playing in the background and everything…
On still being called her past & present characters: People call me Diamond all the time. It ranges from Diamond to Niecy to now Keisha. People in the grocery store will call me Keisha & I look around like “who me?” They reply with “girl you know that’s you…”
On the current state of reality TV: You know what’s so funny is that I was actually a part of one of the first reality shows on Bravo called ‘The It Factor.’ It was so much fun. Now, reality shows have really gotten out of hand. I am offended by it somewhat because being an actress, I’m now competing with Reality TV stars on TV and in my pockets…
The digital copy of the entire interview will be posted on BE’s website on July 27.
More from Rucuss
- LisaRaye McCoy Turns To Celibacy, Hopes To Avoid Shallow Men [Details]
- LisaRaye McCoy Reveals Drama With Stacey Dash and Beef With Duane Martin
- Single Ladies’ LisaRaye and Charity Shea Throw Shade At Each Other On Twitter
- All My Children Alum Denise Vasi Lands Leading Role on VH1’s ‘Single Ladies’
- Nicki Minaj Blasts PARTYNEXTDOOR Over Ghostwriting Insinuations [Details]
- K. Michelle Defends Attitude, Performs ‘Can’t Raise A Man’ On ‘Arsenio’