LisaRaye McCoy Reveals Drama With Stacey Dash and Beef With Duane Martin
Rucuss staffMay 18, 2012
Check out a few excerpts from the interview below.
On moving on without Stacey Dash who played her best friend on the show:
Believe me I wish things had worked out because I thought Stacey and I were great together. She was my age and we were working it. It was sex-symbol to sex-symbol. But she didn’t want to be there. I was disappointed about that. She had some issues. I’m not sure exactly what those issues were. In the end, she and VH1 made a decision.
On the catfights that really went down on set:
Yes, there was a disagreement over a scene. And it really wasn’t with me. It was with the director. I think it was about 2 or 3AM and we’d been shooting all damn day. Stacey tried to argue with the director about a line. And I’m like: “Girl, if you don’t say what the director wants you to say.” It wasn’t that serious at first, but it went there.
It’s a bunch of women on the set. We might all be on our damn period at any given point. I just wanted us to move forward. Then the argument took on a life of its own. The show decided to use it for publicity. They just ran with it.
On which Hollywood friend she had to dump:
Duane Martin. I introduced him to my ex-husband [former Turks & Caicos Premier Michael Misick], he got buddy-buddy with him and then turned against me. Just recently, this fool Duane up and sold a building he and I bought awhile ago in Los Angeles, without asking…I don’t care if we’re not friends, just don’t try to f**k me in the interim.
When I heard about him in the middle of Will & Jada’s divorce rumors, I tweeted: sounds familiar. He really aint got enough business.
Pick up this week’s issue of JET to read the entire interview.
More from Rucuss
- Tiny Wants T.I. to ‘Come Back’ [Details]
- LisaRaye, Carmen Elecktra, Stacey Dash & More Star in New Stripper Movie ‘Lapdance’ [Video]
- Single Ladies’ LisaRaye and Charity Shea Throw Shade At Each Other On Twitter
- LisaRaye McCoy Talks About Being Single & Competing With Reality Stars In BE Magazine
- Tisha Campbell is Tired of the Lies, Speaks on Duane Martin and Will Smith’s Relationship
- Daniel ‘Boobie’ Gibson Talks About Failed Marriage With Keyshia Cole